About this Blog


About this Blog: Divorce is something you do, not something you are. It is not easy, but it can be funny. I know hanging on to my humor gave me hope and courage. Divorce shouldn't cramp your style. There are whole industries devoted to helping brides plan their weddings -- why shouldn't we have a style guide for divorce?

Sunday, September 18, 2011

How to Tell You've Got a Friend

So Friday I'm having lunch with my guys at the office, and who shows up to have lunch at the table at about half past seven o'clock behind us -- that's right.

So my first guy, he says, did you see who's sitting behind us, and I say, yes. . . . [two beats] . . . be nice, let's all just be nice.  And I see that my other guy, he doesn't know who the guy is, and he doesn't hear the comment.  So then we settle up, and I go say hello, because I can, on the theory that air is free, and there was nothing in the settlement about who gets which lunch spot.  And then we walk out, and I say to my guy, so that was my ex, and then he says what, the guy in the blue shirt, and I say no, not him, the other one, and he smiles, and he says, you want me to go back and kick his ass?  I would do that for you, you know.

And I thought, well isn't that just the sweetest thing you could say to a girl to show her you care.

1 comment: